This question is asked me by every small business owner I advice to make a website for their business. I have however decided to make this open to the general public.
First and foremost what is a website? A website is a document with a number of pages that contain information for all users and it is accessible to all because it has been hosted on the World Wide Web. See a website as a book or a catalog hosted on the Internet bearing a particular type of information for all to see. Take this analogy as a perfect example, a website is like a book, the Host is like a massive shelf, where the internet is a giant library having several or every type of book needed. With this said let me tell you in clear terms why we all need a website for our business.
- A website advertises 24/7, 365days: No man or media can talk about your business everyday and every time like your website would. Your website is out there to be read by all internet user 24hours of everyday. Even when all heads sleep the internet is up, advertising your business to the world. Consumers need information 24 hours a day. The internet is always active, and consumers around the world can look up information and conduct business at their convenience. Your website allows your business to always be available to customers regardless of the time of day.
- A website can cross geographical boundaries:
Unlike a local advertisement that might reach just a few thousand viewers, a website will enable people from all over the world to look at your products. This way, you can get orders from outside your city, state, and even country. This will enable you to expand your business. You will only need to get your logistics in proper order so you can be prepared to deliver the products to your customers when the number of orders inevitably increases.
- Improve communication with customers: A website enhances communication between consumers and businesses. A lot of the time consumers are interested in something on a website, but feel awkward or are too lazy to call for more information. Websites that are equipped with email forms allows consumers to ask their question in a moment’s notice. That is just one feature websites utilize to make communication easy. Other features are message boards, blogs, contact information and other web forms.
- Keep the edge on competitors
The popularity of the internet and understanding of the value of a website increases every day. Businesses that have a website are already at a huge advantage over their competitors. In addition to having a wider clientele base, their business looks more professional and established. That also goes for the design of the website. When a consumer visits a clean well structured website and an average website that offers the same services, it is a no-brainer which business they will choose.
- Increase customer confidence
Customers can tell a lot about a company from the design of their website. An unorganized, unappealing website is a major turnoff to consumers. On the other hand, a professional looking website lets consumers know your business is serious and dedicated to their needs.
Just to mention a few of the numerous things a website could do for your business. Now my Question to you now Do you have a professionally made website? (Because it takes a professional website to get these amazing wonders done) if not, Make a website today and get your business to reach out to the over 2billion internet users worldwide.